List of Award Winners 2013. Current Affairs 2013 Awards, Recognition Current Affairs 2013-14. Current Affairs Update for IBPS 2013 Exams. IBPS PO III, IBPS Clerk 2013, SBI Clerk 2013, Staff Selection Commission (SSC) and other exams.
Award, Recognition Current Affairs 2013-14:
- Bharat Ratna Award: Sachin Tendulkar & eminent scientist Prof CN Rao to be honoured with Bharat Ratna Award. Note: i. Sachin first sportsperson to win country’s highest civilian honour with Bharat Ratna
- Sachin Tendulkar declared Time magazine’s ‘Person of the Moment’ by Times magazine.
- Sachin ends Test career in 18th position in ICC rankings.
- Lord Swraj Paul, a leading NRI industrialist and educationist was presented with the International Indian of the Decade award
- Waheeda Rehman, the veteran actress of Bollywood will be conferred with the inaugural Centenary Award for the Indian Film Personality of the Year 2013 at the 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa on 20 November 2013.
- Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce were crowned the male and female World Athletes of the Year, 2013 on 16. They were selected as the world athletes of the year by the sport’s governing IAAF at a ceremony in Monaco.
- UN Foundation award: Martha Dodray, A polio worker from Bihar has been honoured with a prestigious UN Foundation award for her work in protecting children from the disease.
- Shiraz Naval Minwalla, Professor of Physics in TIFR, Mumbai selected for the 2014 New Horizons in Physics Prize .
- MS Swaminathan father of green revolution gets Indira Gandhi National Integration Award for the Year 2012.
- Gabriela Isler of Venezuela won Miss Universe 2013. Patricia Yurena Rodriguez from Spain finished as the first runner-up, whereas Constanza Baez from Ecuador was the second runner up.
- Srishti Rana of India Was Crowned Miss Asia Pacific World 2013.
- Lata Mangeshkar gets Yash Chopra memorial award.
- New Zealand’s Eleanor Catton wins Man Booker Prize 2013.
- Varun Arora won UN Award for ‘Open Curriculum’ Web Platform
- MS Swaminathan Selected for Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the Year 2012
- Malala Yousafzai Won European Union’s Sakharov Human Rights Prize 2013
- Pranab Mukherjee Conferred the Presidential Awards for Classical Tamil
- Karan Thapar Chosen for IPI-India Award for Excellence in Journalism 2013
- Pranab Mukherjee presented the First National Award For Senior Citizens – Vayoshreshtha Samman, 2013 on 1 October 2013.
- Ravi Shankar Narsimhan was presented with Friendship Award.
- Malala Yousafzai and Harry Belafonte (American singer, human rights and social justice activist).
- Amnesty award 2013: Malala Yousafzai and Harry Belafonte (American singer, human rights and social justice activist).
- Clinton Global Citizens Awards: Bunker Roy(Indian environmentalist) and Malala Yousafzai
- Miss Philippines Megan Young crowned Miss World 2013.
- The former South African President Nelson Mandela on 27 August 2013 won the inaugural Mahathir Award for Global Peace.
- Tata Steel was adjudged the Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant in India for the year 2011-12.
- Harshwanti Bisht selected for Sir Edmund Hillary Mountain Legacy Medal 2013.
- Vijay Singh was Named a Recipient of the 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Prasad Babu, AP Cop Selected For Ashok Chakra Posthumously.
- The Prem Bhatia Memorial award presented to Shalini Singh of the Hindu.
- Delhi conferred Lifetime Achievement Award 2013 on Abdul Rashid Khan and Anjolie Ela Menon.
- VP Sharma won the Gujar Mal Modi Award for Science and Technology 2013.
- Sri Lankan President felicitated tribal community, the Veddas on World Indigenous Peoples Day.
- US Presidential Medal of Freedom to be conferred on Bill Clinton & Oprah Winfrey.
- Sugathakumari was conferred with Saraswati Samman 2012.
- Zubin Mehta named for Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony 2013.
- Britain honoured Krishna Menon by placing Blue plaque on his First Home in London.
- Bono the frontman of rock band U2 was awarded with the Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters on 17 July 2013 for the contribution to music.
- British Firm called Real VNC was presented the MacRobert Award.
- Paradip Port Conferred With the Major Port of the Year Award.
- Amjad Ali Khan to get 21st Rajiv Gandhi National Sadhbhavna Award .
- “Emirates Woman Award” – Vandana Gandhi for excelling and providing innovation in preschool education and leadership, strategy, community service.
- 21st Century Achievement Award 2013 – UIDAI :The International Data Group (IDG) Computerworld Honours Program, Computerworld Honors Laureate has honored Government of India initiative UIDAI with 21st Century Achievement Award 2013 under the category ‘Economic Development’.
- 2013 Indian Business Leader of the Year” award: Sanjeev Goenka
- Yellow Oscar’ award – Indian short film ‘High Power’. This film (made in 2012) is based on the project- affected people of Tarapur Atomic Power Station. Pradeep Indulkar is the producer-director of this film accepted the award
- Wernher von Braun Memorial Award: APJ Abdul Kalam: The honour is given to recognise excellence in management and leadership in a space-related project.
- Indian-American Sathwik Karnik Wins National Geographic Bee Contest
- Indian-American Arvind Mahankali wins Spelling Bee for sixth straight year
- Nasscom award – Sentinel, developed by MindHelix Technosol Pvt. Ltd., and iFollow, from Aucupa Innovative Solutions, were among the winners of Nasscom’s first all-India App Fame Contest to search for mobile tools to aid personal safety of women and to help deal with emergencies.
- ‘Indian Healthcare Visionary of the Decade’ award – Dr Mukesh Hariawala (Healthcare Economist) for unveiling a unique and novel customized universal health insurance model ‘Womb to Tomb’, concept.
- IMPAC Dublin Literary Award – Kevin Barry, for his debut novel, City of Bohane
- Venezuela journalism prize – Huga Chavez (posthumously)
- Walter Scott Prize 2013: Tan Twan Eng (Malaysian author) for his Novel ‘The Garden of Evening Mists’
- Manappuram award – Vinod Rai (Former CAG), under the category of civil servant achieving excellence in public administration. Award was given by Manappuram Finance Limited (MFL).
- NTR National Literary Award (2013) – Manoj Das (Oriya writer)
- Man Booker International Prize(2013) – Lydia Davis
- United Nation’s Public Service Award (2013) : Oommen Chandy (Chief Minister of Kerala) for his Mass Contact Programme
- Asian Award: Anupam Kher, for his performances in movies like “Silver Linings Playbook“, “Bride & Prejudice“, and “Bend it Like Beckham“.
- 2013 Pulitzer Prize – Adam Johnson for fiction for his novel “The Orphan Master’s Son
- Vyas Samman (2011) – Professor Ramdarash Mishra// Vyas Samman (2012) – Dr Narendra Kohli “Na bhooto na bhavishyati”
- Bihari Puraskar (2012) – Hariram Meena for his hindi novel Dhooni Tape Teer
- Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. Carole King (US singer-songwriter)
- Jnanpith Award – 2011 – Pratibha Ray
- Jnanpith Award – 2012 – Ravuri Bharadwaja
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2012– Pran Krishan Sikand
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2011 – Saumitra Chatterjee.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards 2013 – Yash Chopra and Rajesh Khanna
- Phalke Ratna Award – Asha Bhosle
- Abel Prize 2013- Pierre Deligne (Belgian Mathematician)
- Pulitzer Prize 2013 – The New York Times won four Pulitzer Prizes
- Saraswati Samman (2013) – Sugathakumari, ( the Malayalam poetess for the poetry collection ‘Manalezhuthu’, which means The Writing on the Sand in English 31. Saraswati Samman (2012,) – Rohit Gautam for Bang Bhoomi (conferred by K. K. Birla Foundation)
- Moorti Devi Award (2012) – Gopichand Narang
- UNA-USA’s Global Leadership Award called (Champion for Global Change Award) – Pakistani activist, Malala Yousafzai
- Lata Mangeshkar Samman (2013): Singer Hariharan
- Asom Ratna Award for the year (2012): Indira Goswami (posthumously)
- Srimanta Shankardeva Award (2008): Sharmila Tagore
- ISRO Young Scientist Award (2013): Jenita Mary Nongkynrih for her urban information system project in the North East.
- RedInk Lifetime Achievement Award (2013) – N. Ram(Former Editor-in-Chief of The Hindu) and Kuldip Nayar (veteran author-journalist-activist)
- Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2011- Ella Bhatt (Founder of Sewa)
- Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2012- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (president of Liberia)
- National e-Governance award – Madhya Pradesh for 2012-13, for its ‘Sparsh Abhiyan’ aimed towards the disabled and the aged.
- Doctorate of Civil Law – President Pranab Mukherjee was conferred an honary degree of Doctorate of Civil Law by the University of Mauritius
- Jammu and Kashmir won FE India’s Best Bank Award 2012-13.
- Satellite Hall of Fame – U. R. Rao: Top Indian space scientist has been inducted into the Satellite Hall of Fame t in Washington DC by the Society of Satellite Professionals International, in the US.
- ‘International Refiner of the Year’ 2013 – Reliance Industries
Nobel Prize 2013 Winners:
National Sports Award 2013
- Winner of Arjuna Award 2013, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Dronacharya Awards, Dhyan Chand Awards, Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar – Click Here.
Ramon Magsaysay Award 2013
60th National Film Award:
IIFA Awards 2013
- Complete List of IIFA Awards Winner – Click Here.
Last Updated on November 25, 2013
To Download the List of Awards Winners 2013 in PDF Click Here (New Updated PDF As of October 16, 2013)