Important Current Affairs questions for upcoming IBPS CWE PO/MT 2012 Exams and for upcoming SBI Clerical Exam 2012.
41. Who was given the first S.K.Singh award for negotiating Indo-US nuclear deal?
D.Bala Venkatesh Varma
42. Where is the world’s largest solar telescope set to be built?
Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region
44. Which state has planned to teach Bhagavad Gita in schools?
45. Which automobile maker has re-entered Indian markets after 13 years?
46. Who won the doubles title at the Chennai Open 2012?
Leander Peas and Janko Tipsarevic
47. Which country has called for Indian investments and sought partnership in oil and gas exploration?
Trinidad and Tobago
48. Who has been appointed as Managing Director, President and CEO of Samsung’s South- West Asia operations?
49. Name the world’s first hydrogen powered 3-wheeler which was launched by Mahindra and Mahindra at the 11th Auto Expo 2012.
50. Who won the FIFA women’s World player of the year?
Homare Sawa of Japan
51. Who won the FIFA men’s world player of the year 3rd time in a row?
Lionel Messi of Argentina
52. Name the car which won the 2012 North American Car of the year award.
53. Name the Guinea Bissau President who died recently.
Malam Bacai Sanha
54. Name the chairman of Swiss National Bank who stepped down recently.
55. Which company has acquired Bangalore-based event and entertainment guide Buzzintown?
56. Which country’s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day parade?
Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra
57. How many banks are now allowed to import bullion or precious metals?
58. Name the recently added banks to import precious metals.
Yes Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, City Union Bank and ING Vysya Bank
59. Which bollywood actor is campaigning for clean voting?
60. Who took over as Director General Military Operations succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan Verma?
Lt Gen Ashok Kumar Chaudhary
61. Name the Chinese dancer who took Bharatanatyam and Kathak to Mao’s China died recently.
62. Where the Quick service cum mobile medical dispensary was inaugurated recently?
Bodh Gaya Temple premises
63. What is the lowest one-day score by Sri Lanka in the recently held match against South Africa?
43 all out
64. What is the worth of total Private equity investment made in India in 2011?
65. Which country has been ranked first on nuclear safety?
66. What has Kerala hospital introduced to diagnose small bowel bleeding sites, tumours and ulcers?
Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
67. Where does the industrial output stand as of November 2011 in India?
68. When did India complete one polio-free year?
13th January 2012
69. What is the cost of cheapest electric car unveiled by Tata in Detroit?
70. Which legendary singer is set to be honoured with lifetime achievement award at the 18th Annual Colors Screen Awards?
71. Who has been appointed to google board recently?
Diane Greene, VMware co-founder
72. Which service the Indian Government has planned to launch for farmers?
Interactive medium of spoken web service
73. Who won gold in Asian shooting championship?
74.Which airways bagged best airline award?
75. Which Indian city is set to host psychiatry conclaves?
76. Which country reported rare decline of foreign reserves?
77. Name India’s first woman journalist who died recently.
78. Who won the Mumbai marathon title recently?
79. Where does inflation stand as on 16th January 2012?
80. Name the scheme launched by Arunachal Pradesh government for the treatment of Multi Drug Resistant TB patients.
Directly Observed Treatment Plus Service (DOTS)