Sports Update for IBPS Exam 2013. Current Affairs 2013 – Sports for IBPS PO-III (IBPS PO 2013), IBPS Clerk-III (CWE Clerk 2013) Exam. Important Current Affairs from Sports for Upcoming IBPS Exam 2013.
Important Current Affairs 2013 – Sports
China Open 2013:
Men’s Single: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal for fourth China Open win
Women’s Single: Serena Williams beats Jelena Jankovic
Women’s double: Sania Mirza-Cara Black defeated Vera Dushevina and Arantxa Parra Santonja
Japan Open Tennis Championship 2013:
- Men’s Single: Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentine defeated third seeded Milos Raonic of Canada
- Men’s double: Rohan Bopanna and his French partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin defeated Jamie Murray and John Peers.
US Open 2013
- Men’s Single: Rafael Nadal (Spain) defeated Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Women’s Single: Serena Williams (USA) defeated Victoria Azarenka (Belarus)
- Men’s Doubles: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek defeating Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares.
- Men’s Single: Andy Murray(Britain) defeated Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Women’s Single: Marion Bartoli (France) defeated Sabine Lisick (Germany)
- Men’s Doubles: Bob and Mike Bryan defeated Dodig & M. Melo
French Open 2013
- Men’s Single: Rafael Nadal Defeated David Ferrer
- Women’s Single: Serena Willimas Defeated Maria Sharapova
- Men’s Doubles: Bob and Mike Bryan Defeated Michael Llodra & Nicolas Mahut
- Mixed doubles: Frantisek Cermak and Lucie Hradecka defeated Daniel Nestor and Kristina Mladenovic
Miami Open 2013
- Andy Murray beat David Ferrer
- Serena Williams beat Maria Sharapova.
Italian Open 2013
- Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federar
- Serena Williams defeated Victoria Azarenka
Madrid Open 2013
- Rafael Nadal beat Stanislas Wawrinka
- Serena Williams beat Maria Sharapova.
Australian Open 2013
- Men Single: Novak Djokovic(Serbia) bt Andy Murray(Britain).
- Women Single-Victoria Azarenka bt Li Na( china)
- Men Double: Bob & Mike Byan bt Robin haase & Igor Sijsling
- Women Double: Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci(Italy) bt Ashlegh Barty and Casey Dellaqua
- Sachin Tendulkar awarded Bharat Ratna Award, the highest civilian award of the country.
- Sachin Tendulkar declared Time magazine’s ‘Person of the Moment’ by Times magazine.
- Sachin ends Test career in 18th position in ICC rankings.
- Ashwin becomes number-one ranked Test all-rounder in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounder’s.
England has been selected as hosts of the 2018 women’s World Cup.
- Champions League T20 2013 : Mumbai Indians defeated Rajasthan Royals in final held in New Delhi. Harbhajan Singh: Man of the match & Dwayne Smith was declared Man of the Series.
- Afghanistan Qualified for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 after defeating Kenya by seven wickets at World Cricket League Championship in Sharjah. The world cup will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand in 2015.
- England won the 2013 Ashes series 3–0; the series of Test cricket matches contested between England and Australia for The Ashes.
- India lifts Champions Trophy 2013 by defeating England in a rain-hit final in Birmingham. Ravindra Jadeja declared man of the match and Shikhar Dhawan declared man of the tournament.
- England to host Cricket World Test Champions in – 2017, ODI World Cup in – 2019
- Australia to host 2019 World Cup and World Twenty20 in 2020
- India will host the: World T20 Cup -2016, World Test Championship 2021, World Cup for the fourth time in 2023
- West Indies to host Women’s World T20 in 2018 and Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2022.
- Afghanistan was granted the Associate membership of the ICC, making it the eighth Asian nation and the 38th overall to get the status.
- Rajeev Shukla resigned as Chairman of IPL
- Mumbai Indians won the sixth edition of Indian Premier League (IPL 2013), defeated Chennai Super Kings in final.
- Indian pacer S. Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan were caught by Delhi Police in spot-fixing racket in the ongoing Indian Premier League matches
- Gurunath Meiyappan, son-in-law of BCCI president N. Srinivasan and CEO of Chennai Super King team was arrested on charges of betting, conspiracy and cheating
- Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from Indian Premier League
- Shikhar Dhawan first Indian Cricketer who scored a ton on Test debut as an opener.
- Chris Gayle (Royal Challengers Bangalore player) has set a new record for the fastest century in just 30 balls IPL 2013 (T20) 6th edition against Pune Warriors.
Indian Badminton League
- Indian Badminton League (IBL) is a franchise league by Badminton Association of India (BAI).
- The inaugural edition of the Indian Badminton League is held in India from August 14,2013 to August 31, 2013.
- There were 6 franchises with each team having 12 players including 4 foreign players.
- Six franchise of IBL – Hyderabad HotShots, Banga Beats, Awadhe Warriors, Mumbai Masters, Pune Pistons, Delhi Smashers
- Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia is the highest paid player of Indian Badminton League with $135,000 in salary and Saina Nehwal of India is the second highest paid and the highest paid Indian Player with $120,000 in salary.
- The league kicked off at Delhi with a gala ceremony on 14 August 2013.
- The Finals were played at Mumbai on 31 August 2013.
- Hyderabad Hotshots won the inaugural IBL title at Mumbai on 31 August 2013.
Formula One season 2013
Sebastian Vettel became a consecutive four-times World Champion with Red Bull Racing.
Following are the Winner of Formula one Grand Prix of 2013
- Australian Grand Prix – Kimi Räikkönen
- Malaysian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Chinese Grand Prix – Fernando Alonso
- Bahrain Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Spanish Grand Prix – Fernando Alonso
- Monaco Grand Prix – Nico Rosberg
- Canadian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- British Grand Prix – Nico Rosberg
- German Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Hungarian Grand Prix – Lewis Hamilton
- Belgian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Italian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Singapore Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Korean Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Japanese Grand Prix – Mark Webber
- Indian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Mark Webber
- United States Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
- Brazilian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel
Other Important Sports Update:
- Tunisia has been suspended from next year’s Davis Cup 2014 after it ordered one of its national players to withdraw from a tournament rather than face an Israeli player. Note: Tunisian player Malek Jaziri not to compete against Israeli player Amir Weintraub at the 2013 Tashkent Challenger in October.”
- India to host 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup
- West Bengal, the host of the 23rd All India G V Mavalankar Shooting Championship topped the medals tally on 16 November 2013. This is the first time that West Bengal topped the medal table of national level of shooting championship.
- Heena Sidhu wins pistol gold in World Cup shooting at the ISSF World Cup finals in Munich, Germany.
- Mohammed Siddikur of Bangladesh won the 50th edition of Indian Open golf tournament on 10 November 2013 at the Delhi Golf Club (DGC), New Delhi.
- Rafael Nadal returned to the top of the ATP rankings for the first time in more than two years, overtaking Serbian Novak Djokovic, who dropped to second.
- Serena Williams top in Women’s ATP rankings.
- Iran wins 17th Asia Senior Men’s Volleyball C’ship by defeating South Korea.
- Pakistan won Under-19 Asian Rugby Championship 2013 by defeating India in Lahore.
- Kalpana Devi won Bronze Medal at the Judo Tournament in Tashkent
- 35th National Games to be hosted by Kerala in 2014. Great Hornbill which has been christened as “Ammu” is the official mascot of the 35th National Games.
- Star, ESPN bag BCCI sponsorship rights for 2013-14 season.
- Tiger Woods named U.S. PGA Tour player of the year.
- Sania Mirza and Cara Black of Zimbabwe win Pan Pacific Open trophy defeated Liezel Huber and Hao Ching Chan in Tokyo.
- Deepika Kumari: settles for silver in Archery World Cup in Paris
- NKP Salve Challenger Trophy 2013-14 Won by India Blue defeated Delhi in final.
- WTA Pan Pacific Open: The Czech Republican tennis player Petra Kvitova defeated Germany’s Angelique Kerber in the final to win singles title at WTA Pan Pacific Open at Tokyo
- India Clinch (under 21) 3rd Sultan of Johor Cup hockey tournament by defeating Malaysia.
- Durand Cup: Kolakata giants Mohammedan Sporting create history after defeating ONGC 2-1 in the final in New Delhi to win Cup after 73 years. The last time Mohd Sporting won Durand Cup was before Independence in 1940 by defeating Warwickshire Regiment.
- Buckingham Palace held its first official football match to mark Football Association’s (FA’s) 150th anniversary on 7 October 2013.
- Afghanistan beat India to win SAFF Championship title 2013 (Football) final held in Nepal
- Asia Cup (Hockey) 2013: South Korea Defeated India in Final at Malaysia
- Pakistan beat Malaysia 3-1 to win bronze in Asia Cup
- Indian Cyclist Deborah Won Two Gold Medals at ACC Track Asia Cup.
- Sandeep Tulsi Yadav has created history by winning India’s first-ever bronze medal in the 66kg Greco-Roman category at the Senior
- World Wrestling Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
- Sudirman Cup – China defeated South Korea
- PV Sindhu won Malaysia Badminton Grand Prix Title Gu Juan of Singapore
- Brazil beats Spain to win Confederations Cup 2013
- Parimarjan Negi won the Continental Chess Association Open title defeated Bindi Cheng
- Ace discus thrower Vikas Gowda clinched the first gold for India in the 20th Asian Athletics Championships in Pune
- Chris Martin, the fast Bowler of New Zealand has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- K Srikanth clinched defeated Boonsak Ponsana to clinch the Thailand Open Grand Prix Badminton 2013
- 4th Kabaddi World Cup will be held in Punjab in November
- BCB (Bangladesh Cricket Board) Former Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful match-fixing charges in Bangladesh Premier League.
- Bayern Munich won German Cup 2013 defeated Stuttgart
- Ananya Gupta claimed a bronze medal in the World School Chess championship held at Haldikki in Greece
- Ragala Venkat Rahul bags three Golds in Asian Youth Weightlifting
- MS Dhoni becomes first captain to win all ICC trophies
- Boxer Manjeet Singh won Silver medal at China Open:
- Bolt won Jamaican 100 title to reach World Championships
- Pune host Asian Athletic Championship meet in July
- Delhi to host South Asian Junior Table Tennis
- India win silver in Archery World Cup: Rajat Chouhan and Manjudha won silver medal at the World Cup (Stage-II) Archery competition in Turkey.
- Prasanna new Grand Master : V Vishnu Prasanna celebrated his new Grandmaster status by outwitting seasoned GM Boris Chatalbashev of Bulgaria
- Punjab beat Odisha to lift HI Jr. Men’s National Championship:
- Australia became the third country after Japan and hosts Brazil to reach next summer’s World Cup after sealing a dramatic late win against Iraq.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was named captain of the ICC’s Team of the Champions Trophy
- Australia (CA) sacked Mickey Arthur and appointed Darren Lehmann as the new coach of the Australian team.
- V Vishnu Prasanna celebrated his new Grandmaster status by outwitting seasoned GM Boris Chatalbashev of Bulgaria
- Somyajeet Ghosh – become the youngest national Table Tennis Champion
- Rupesh Shah clinched the 12th Asian Billiards championship title after beating compatriot Alok Kumar in the final
- Narayanan Srinath retained his Asian Junior title by defeating J Saranya at the Asian Junior Chess Championship
- Preeti Beniwal won gold in 2013 Senior National Women’s Boxing Championship
- Winner Asian Chess Championship 2012 – Parivarjan Negi.
- Serena Williams named WTA Player of the Year 2012 after winning Wimbledon
- Grenke Chess Classic Trophy 2013 – Viswanathan Anand (India) after defeating Arkadij Naiditsch (Germany.)
- ICC Women’s World Cup 2013 – Australia defeated West Indies at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai.
For the list of Important Cups and Trophies – Sports Click Here.
For Upcoming Importing Sports Events Hosts/ Venues – Click Here
Last Update: November 25, 2013.
To Download Sports Update for IBPS Exam 2013 in PDF Click Here (New Updated PDF)