Virender Sehwag scored his first double century at Indore against West Indies. Virender Sehwag is the Highest ODI Runs holder in a ODI match. Swashbuckling batsman Virender Sehwag slammed maiden double century in ODIs as he became only second batsman after Sachin Tendulkar to reach the landmark.
Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar was the first to reach the milestone when he scored unbeaten 200 against South Africa in Gwalior on February 24, 2010.
Virender Sehwag slammed the highest one-day score in history, to flatten West Indies in Indore. Skipper Sehwag, who was struggling in the previous three ODIs, got his lost touch back as he scored his blazing ton in just 69 balls which included 10 fours and five sixes. Shewag Scored 219 runs in just 149 balls in this record braking innings.
Virendra Shewag achieved two milestone today. He scored the Highest ODI runs in the history of the game. He also scored his 8000 ODI runs today. So, double congratulation to the double ton holder.
Some GK Questions from this event:
- Who is the Highest ODI Run holder in a Match? – Virendra Shewag (219)
- Virendra Shewag Scored his maiden double century in ODI cricket against Which Team? – West Indies
- In Which ground Virendra Shewag Scored his double century? – Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
- What is the highest ODI run in a match by any Cricketer? – 219 runs in just 149 balls
- Virendra Shewag scored his 8000 runs against which Team? – West Indies
- Who was the bowler when Shewag scored his 8000 runs? – Keron Pollard
- Shewag reached two milestone in one ODI match against West Indies during the West Indies tour of India, 4th ODI match at Indore, Dec 8, 2011