1. Age (As on 01.04.2013)
The lower and upper age limit for the post is 18 and 25 years respectively as on 01.04.2013 i.e. candidates born on or before 01.04.1988 and after 01.04.1995 are not eligible. The upper age limit will be relaxed, subject to a maximum age limit of 45 years , for the following categories of candidates: –
i) ST candidates by 5 years subject to production of certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format as prescribed by the Government of India, at the interview stage, if called for interview.
ii) Ex-Servicemen candidates further to the extent of period of service rendered by them in the Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years.
iii) Displaced persons from Jammu and Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 by 5 years, subject to production of certificate from the concerned District Magistrate or any other Authority designated by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
iv) Ex-employees of Banking Institutions / Government Offices who were retrenched after at least one year’s service provided they apply through Employment Exchange, by 6 years, subject to production of certificate from concerned Establishment.
The upper age limit of 45 years is uniformly applicable to candidates belonging to all categories inclusive of reserved categories.
2. Eligibility: The selection is confined to Ex-Servicemen with proper military background and having experience of handling arms and ammunition in the military.
3. Job Requirements / Description of Duties:
Selected candidates would be required to guard Bank’s property (residential / offices) and attend to other watch and ward duties at Bhopal office / Bank’s residential quarters. Selected Security Guards have to work in shifts.
4. Scale of Pay and Emoluments : A Starting pay of Rs. 6350/- per month, in the scale of Rs. 6350-220- 7230-260–8010–300 –8910–400 –9710–500– 11710 -680 -13750 (20 years ) + allowances as admissible from time to time. The total emoluments at the starting scale at the time of issue of advertisement works out to be Rs. 15,138/- per month approximately.
5. Selection Process: Subject to the conditions laid down, selection will be made through interview of eligible candidates. Candidates found suitable will be placed on waitlist to be prepared subject to vacancy and reservation requirements. Mere fulfilling of eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview commensurate with the number of vacancies. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final.
6. How to apply:
i. Candidates must apply in the prescribed format of application published herewith. Application in any other format will be rejected.
ii. The format of the application form published herewith should not itself
be used as Application. A4 sheet (29.7 cm x 21 cm) should be used for the application. Application may be preferably typewritten or neatly handwritten in English (Block /Capital) or Hindi.
iii. Application should be supported by the following documents:-
- Attested copies of certificates regarding age and educational qualifications.
- Latest passport size self attested photograph (3 cm x 2.5 cm) should be
- affixed on the right hand top corner of the application.
- In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, attested copy of the relative
- caste certificate from the competent authority.
- Attested copies of the discharge certificate / service book issued by the
- Armed Forces.
iv. The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for the post of Security Guard.”
v. One envelope should contain application of one candidate only.
vi. Application may be sent by Ordinary Post or deposited in the box kept at the Reception of Reserve Bank of India’s Bhopal office on Week Days except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, between 10.30 a.m. and 03.30 p.m. Applications should be addressed to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR, RESERVE BANK OF INDIA, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT, HOSHANGABAD ROAD, BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH – 462 011
To Read the complete advertisement and for the format of the Application click here.